Upon arrival in Guatemala, Mission Guatemala will provide all in-country transportation and logistics. However, each team member is responsible for purchasing his or her own airfare in and out of Guatemala City (GUA). Whenever possible, we encourage teams to travel as a group, arriving and departing at the same time. (See Possible Extra Fees below.)
Mission Guatemala will pick your team up from the airport and provide a drop-off to the airport at the end of your trip.
Please see the Mission Trip Planning Guide for more information about planning your trip to Guatemala.
Standard 7 Night Mission Trip
MISSION TRIP COST: $675 per person
- All advance coordination and planning for your arrival
- A host who will be with you during your entire stay
- Pick-up at the airport
- Transportation to Panajachel
- 7 nights lodging at our Mission House (the River House)
- Most meals (meals will be on your own if you have a late arrival or early departure)
- All taxes, tips and gratuities
- Purified water throughout the week, including at the worksite
- Transportation to and from your worksite
- Guatemalan construction foremen who will supervise and assist with construction projects
- All translators that will be needed
We do not have a discount for children or shortened stays.
PROJECT MATERIALS: $2,000 per team
Includes supplies and materials for the week for your construction project.
Possible extra fees depending on your travel schedule
OVERNIGHT IN GUATEMALA CITY: $50 per person
There will be a $50 per person charge for an overnight stay at a safe hotel in Guatemala City. Meals will be on your own at the hotel. We encourage teams to schedule their flights to arrive before 3:00 pm and to depart after 11:00 a.m. to avoid this cost.
EXTRA AIRPORT TRIPS: $150
There will be a $150 charge for any extra van trips to the airport for people not arriving or leaving with the rest of the team. We need to know about this need in advance of your arrival. Whenever possible, we encourage teams to travel together as a group.